After Laser Surgeries
- Bleeding is uncommon after a laser procedure. If bleeding does occur, apply gauze with slight pressure to site. You will have a slight burning sensation and this is normal.
- Cepacol or Cepastat mouth wash can be used.(no alcohol in mouthwash)
- Avoid anything hot for 2-3 days. Coffee, tea, soup, etc., should be warm to cool.
- Avoid anything acidic such as vinegar, citrus fruits, citrus or tomato juices as these can cause more discomfort.
- The laser healing is initially black and then turns white. It is not infected and it is very rare for a laser surgery site to get infected.
- Pain is usually similar to a pizza or coffee burn.