OUR OFFICE WAS CLOSED FROM APRIL 3rd THROUGH MAY 8th. OUR OFFICE IS NOW OPEN AND OPERATING ALMOST AT FULL CAPACITY.
IN OUR EFFORTS TO PROTECT OUR PATIENTS, THEIR FAMILIES, AND OUR STAFF FROM THE CORONAVIRUS, THE FOLLOWING POLICIES ARE IN PLACE:
- Every patient will be asked the following questions:
Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with COVID-19?
Do you or anyone in your household have any symptoms of COVID-19?
Have you or anyone in your household traveled within the last three weeks?
(you will be asked these questions at multiple times throughout our processes)
- Everyone who enters the office must wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one can be provided for you for a cost $1.00.
- Everyone who enters the office will have their temperature taken. Over 100 may have to be rescheduled.
- Patients 19 years of age and older that have an appointment for a consultation/exam or an extraction with local anesthesia (numbing only) must come to their appointment alone.
Patients having surgery with general anesthesia or IV sedation can bring one person with them. This person must be an adult that can legally drive the patient home after surgery. The driver can either stay in our reception area or, if they prefer, stay in the car. If they choose to stay in the car, they must provide us with their cell phone number and they must remain here – they cannot leave because they need to be immediately available to come to the office when the patient’s surgery is over.
- Patients 18 years of age or younger must have a parent and/or legal guardian with court documentation of legal guardianship accompany them to all appointments, but that is the only person that can accompany the patient.
Our office has always maintained the highest level of infection control consistently, but due to the coronavirus, we have added additional layers of disinfection and cleaning to be ever-more vigilant and do our very best to keep this virus from entering our office.
As a point of reference, please know that no members of our team have traveled within the last six months.
These last few months have been challenging and fear-inducing for everyone, but we believe that if we all remain calm and act responsibly and patiently, we can get back to some semblance of order while still doing our very best to be mindful and respectful of the danger this virus poses. We appreciate your understanding of our need to implement these additional precautions until the time comes that the appropriate authorities deem the coronavirus is no longer deemed a high-level threat.
Thank you for your patience and honesty during this difficult time.
June 2, 2020